Tuesday, February 21, 2012

40 Bags in 40 Days: Lent 2012



Last year I took on a challenge with a friend to clear 40 bags from my home in 40 days.  It was like an ultimate decluttering tool!  So this year, I'm back at it again - this time it's my Lent 2012 challenge.

The initial idea came from here... and of course I Pinned it too...
Then I got rid of my 40 bags last year, and it made a huge difference to our home!  And of course my self-confidence, the general tidiness of the house, our relationships, and so on.

SO!  Who's keen to jump on board with me??

I'll post pictures of my 40 bags every few days and keep a ticker going of how many bags we can get rid of - every time you get rid of a bag, send me an email/text/social networking notification or leave a comment below the post and I'll add you to the big count.

This is how I'm doing my 40 bags challenge:
1. Buy a roll of 40 rubbish bags - check!
2. Write a list of zones in my home (40 in total, and maybe leave a couple of spaces to be filled in later)
3. Each day of the 40 days in Lent, aim to fill up one bag to be trashed, donated, given away, returned to original owner or whatever, it just has to leave your house!!

The best tip I am carrying from last year (other than a roll of bags and a list of zones) is to do this with a friend.  We would MMS each other a photo of our bag or bags as we finished them and it was the best motivator for me.

Join me!  I dare you.

7 comments:

Bee said...

Yeah, alright - I'm in!! I'll use supermarket bags, because I already have them. Will start first thing tomorrow morning! :D

Tracy007 said...

Just sitting here thinking mmmmm could I fill 40 bags as I give away stuff all the time, but I think your right and I think it would be easy to do, might have to try

Rubberduckienz said...

The bags and stuff can be anything from , a big cardboard box you have been meaning to get rid of you used for your darlings birthday party to a few books you have been meaning to give back to a friend etc I kind of had piles of stuff that yea sure could perhaps fit in a bag but not always filled it or needed to be bagged :)

Im feeling the pull to do this again it was so dam inspiring !

Leesh said...

I'm in with this one also...

http://leeshshighway.blogspot.co.nz/

shorty said...

Do it Rubberduckie, do it! :o)

Leesh - thanks for the link!

Kate said...

i'm going to try and do this as well...might even do it on my blog

Time Flies said...

ill give it a go...will blog it