Tuesday, June 09, 2015

juney june june

I was having a wee nosey at a checklist for june over on the 'slow your home' blog.

with my 4yo curled up on my lap (rare occurence these days: he is unwell) it was a wonderful opportunity for me to read the post about june being a month of change, to listen to the gale force wind and my humming fridge, and reflect on how much my life and home has changed since embracing a slower way of living.  there's still a long way to go!

in this post, Brooke McAlary shares how many items she has decluttered from her home so far this year. it had never occured to me to do this, beyond the 4 times I've challenged myself to downsize 40 bags in 40 days.  so I think I'll give it a go, and see if I can get rid of 2015 things for the rest of 2015.



a year ago I was slowly slogging away at about 4 areas of my house that looked a lot like this:

and while they are much less, there's still a long way to go.

... here goes nothing!

No comments: