Monday, November 28, 2011

PHB: New In November (1)

Some pictures of some of the new Handmade items that have been added to the Project Handmade Baby wardrobe in November.
A rather loud hoodie I made using material I scored for $2 from a Fabric-a-brac market in Wellington.  I've lined it with white cotton offcuts from Levana in Levin.

Plenty of wear from this custom-order merino hoodie from imba, a hand-me-down from the big brother.  Also a minky covered pocket nappy that is so lovely and soft... but man, that material was freakin' hard to sew, it slipped around and buckled and inspired some rather foul language from me in the process!

(I love Instagram!) 
We took the boys to an old haunt of ours for Daddy's birthday dinner and they were amazing!  The new kid wore another hand-me-down hoodie from Lone Moose, and an organic cotton megamess bib I made him.  He's not entirely sure how he feels about the lime sorbet...


Another shot of the hoodie - I just love that pointy hood!

b is for ... beautiful boy wearing a top I appliqued using scraps from the organic cotton bib.  I've made a few of these and they are so sweet!  And so affordable: a pack of 3 long-sleeve onesies from The Warehouse on special for $5, plus fabric scraps and bondaweb to attach the b to the top.  I love a little matchy matchy.

Older brother wasn't keen on wearing his (handmade) trencher for a little graduation ceremony, so he popped it on the new kid's head!  Very sweet.  He's also wearing the robot shoes and Very Hungry Caterpillar bib that is either in the wash or on him, I looove the bib and it gathers plenty of compliments and "Oooh, I love that book!" comments.

The Spot in Johnsonville, a crafty cooperative place, stock these FAB apron bibs for $8 each.  The sleeves have been an absolute Godsend; not only for protecting sleeves from sloppy highchair trays, but also when he's finished and drags himself around the floor it keeps him nice and clean.  I'm tempted to make one with a microfibre or chamois bib-front so he can be a little more useful around the house and clean the floors while he's at it...  (I'm joking)

Nothing new here, but a darling little shot of my little man having a nap during an outdoors Christmas party - clearly watching his older brother going around... and around... and around... and around on the carousel (for as many turns as he could!!) was very soothing and this little'un had a lovely nap in his buggy under his soft blankie.  (And I spot an imba bib under there too, little bumblebees on blue.  Delicious!)

No comments: