Thursday, March 29, 2012

The eyes have it...

You know how sometimes you discover something so amazing you simply *have* to share?
Well today, it's makeup and I am loving myself sick (in the words of Kath & Kim) in two of my new beauty product staples.

Firstly: Nutrimetics Lash Impact Mascara.

A friend of mine is a Nutrimetics Consultant and it's always a wee treat when it's my birthday, because I'm guaranteed to have a wee NC parcel from her.  Last year I got this mascara and it has done the unthinkable: it has converted me from my old faithful Maybelline Great Lash mascara.  For nearly 2 decades we've had a great relationship but now it is time to move on.  This baby has a silicon brush and from first application it glides on beautifully and lasts all day.  (Shh secret squirrel - it's on special at the moment, but only for another couple of days!!  Click on the image to check it out)

Secondly... I do love a bit of sparkle, but chunky face glitter should really be restricted to school-aged kids or 1960s-1970s theme parties.
Let me introduce you to Marbleyes!

I have it in 'Cosmos' and I just dust a little on the top of my cheekbones and eyelids, and dust any remaining powder from the brush onto my decolletage.  It is a fine shimmery powder that gives a lovely subtle sparkle - simply magic when the sunlight catches it!  AND it's currently on special for $19.90 - click on the image to check it out.  The pressed powder is about twice as large as a MAC pressed eyeshadow, just to give some perspective.

... and if you need a little help choosing anything Trish is a wonderful lady with a great wealth of knowledge on all things skincare and makeup.  Spoil yourself!

No comments: