Thursday, July 21, 2011

Five Loves

For a bit of a change, here are five things that are warming my heart this winter (that have nothing to do with my kidlets).
 Tip Top Spicy Fruit Loaf.  Thick sliced.  It was such a treat when Mum bought it when I was a kid, and it's just as exciting now!  Especially when I get the chance to eat it toasted, hot and smothered in melty butter while the sultanas/raisins are hot and juicy.
 My red boots.  Purchased when I had a salary and a job where pretty boots were okay for all-day, every-day wear.  Today was just one of those days where I had to wear The Red Boots. They are almost knee-high, leather, fire-engine red and on a one inch stiletto heel.  I love them in all their delicious pointiness, and they came in my size - enormous!!
 My red stovetop espresso maker.  Like many things in my kitchen it is red, and it makes a beautiful brew.  Caffe L'affare make a mean decaf blend which I usually treat myself to, but this week it's a Hummingbird espresso grind that is filling my kitchen with its beautiful smell.  I looove coffee.

And for those who know me well, you'll know that it's filling a big hole where I one day hope a fire engine red Francis! Francis! X1 Classic espresso machine will feature in my kitchen.  If only I'd just gone and bought it when I had one of those salary thingies.  Sigh.
 My clever friends (and mum and sister) are amazing and generous and they fill our kitchen door with jams, chutneys and relishes.  I particularly love my friend Kylie's goodies as they come in these beautiful square jars which sit so nicely together and are all matchy-matchy.
And lastly, Whittaker's Sante bars.  Once upon a time I'd overlook them in their unwrapped 50c goodness in the dairy on the way home from school, but nowadays they are often found in our house - my lovely husband often gets some when he's had to grab some more milk on his way home from the gym.  I have a serious addiction to them - dark, milk or ghana - I just can't help myself!  I dip them in my coffee and slurp off the melted chocolate until it's just a small blob.  Yommmm.

So there's my five loves for winter... what are you loving right now?

Later on that day: (Just for kicks, someone sent me the link to this blog and it just happened to be a 'linky party' I think they're called...  so I'm doing my first ever linky thingy - click the image below and check it out!)
button2

2 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Yay for your first linky!! Your boots are amazing! I totally love everything you listed - especially your boots and yum, that fruit toast it my all time favourite!

shorty said...

Thanks for the link-love! I'm very excited about my first linky! And stoked it could be on your fab blog. Still so much I have to learn in this blogging thing. Xx