Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ooh I get by with a little help from my friends

 I have a truly wonderful collection of friends.  I had a dreadful week with both the new kid and me having health issues, and I felt as though I was reaching the end of my rope.  So I sent a simple text message to half a dozen friends asking for thoughts and prayers, and within hours I had texts, phone calls, offers of food and help around the house. I feel so undeserving, but with all the love shared I must've done something good (and why does that have Julie Andrews singing in my head??!!).

Today I had another angel of a girl friend helping out - cuddling the new kid so I could eat/drink/sleep/scratch myself, and at one point she went upstairs to grab a couple of things from the change table and had a sneaky cheeky peek in the goshorty 'Ready to Sell' drawer and came down looking like the cat that stole the cream... but she has custom-ordered some pants and taken the black and white Millie dress that I've never put in my online store for some strange reason...  She was so excited, put it on her daughter straight away and oh she looked darling!

Hooray for friends being customers... but more importantly thank you to all my angels who have helped out this week.  Some of them didn't even know I was struggling, but have blessed us without realising how much.

Love y'all.

No comments: