Sunday, June 19, 2011

Project Handmade Baby Days 175-6 (the rest of May)

29 May: My beautiful little man asleep in the car on the way home from his Christening.  At our local Catholic Church when babies are christened, we are able to purchase handmade stoles for symbolising clothing the baby in white.  Both my boys have had stoles which have handpainted 'I have called you by name' on them. 
The new kid wore the same christening gown that his brother wore, which is also what my older siblings and I had worn when we were welcomed into the Catholic church - a beautiful gift from my great-grandmother.  And because he had outgrown the UH-MAZING handmade booties (hand-stitched intricate lace and all, they are truly beautiful!) that my mother brought back from a little island in Europe, I put the duck-feet booties on him.  Couldn't help myself.

30 May: A day of handmade nappies.

About Project Handmade Baby - Click Here

No comments: